Monday, February 2, 2015

Story Scene

The following scene is from a story I am writing right now. I don't know the title to the story or the scene though, but here it is. Info: Seth and Jamie are young adults and Matsu is a young Japanese girl that Seth rescued.

                Jamie quietly snuck into Seth’s bedroom. His back was turned toward her, but he acknowledged her presence with a small gesture.

                “Is she still asleep?” she whispered, peeking over his shoulder.

                “Yes, she was pretty tired out,” he replied, gently rubbing his thumb across Matsu’s plump hand. “She refused to let go of my hand, even if I was sitting right beside her.”

                “It’s so sweet of you to do this, but it doesn’t look like you’ve gotten much sleep. You got to bed and I’ll stay with her,” she suggested.

                Seth shook his head, “That’s a good thought but I can’t. Not yet anyways. She’s had everything taken from her in so short a time: she needs at least one thing she can depend on.” He sighed and continued in a quieter voice, “I know what she feeling and I can’t leave her floundering.”

                He lowered his head as painful memories flooded his mind. Jamie sat down next to him and stroked his arm, hoping to comfort him. She let the silence hang for a moment before bugging him with a question.

                “How are you going to accomplish your missions if she has to stay with you all the time?”

                “I don’t know. I’ve thought of a few options, but it will all depend on how Matsu behaves. We’ll see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment