Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 3

This is today's story starter:

 

 
The tall, greasy-looking man had backed the small girl against a wall. “I’ve got you now, you nasty thief,” he sneered. “Now give me back what you took, and I won’t hurt you.” He stared at her pale, grimy face, waiting. “C’mon now.”
She slowly pulled out her hand from behind her back, but what she was holding surprised the man. Instead of his stolen goods, he was looking straight into the barrel of a gun.
“You are going to let me leave, with my food, and not follow me,” she commanded.
“B-but” the man said in shock.
“And be quiet!” she shouted. “Now get movin’ if you wanna live.”
The man scowled at her, but lifted his hands and backed away.
After she was sure that he was gone, the nine-year-old thief went on her way.
 
Candy slunk back to her home, which right was an abandoned store, staying in the shadows as much as possible. There was no telling what she might encounter on the streets, and though she had confidence in her gun, she didn’t want to take her chances. In this time of kill of be killed, Candy had learned very quickly how to use her weapon, and never went anywhere without it.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... Oh, I realized that I accidentally typed "kill of be killed" not "kill or be killed" :P

    ReplyDelete