Saturday, January 24, 2015

Joy Dare: 18th thru 23rd

Jan. 18 - 3 Gifts from God's Word
(These are the three points from Sunday sermon)
I am grateful for the No Ordinary Preface to Abraham's life.
I am grateful for the No Ordinary Promise that God gives us.
I am grateful for the No Ordinary Position that we are in through Jesus Christ.

Jan. 19 - 3 Gifts That Might Have Never Been
I am grateful that since we moved here, I now have the opportunity to see my friend, Claire, and participate in the March for Life with her.
I am grateful that my room's window faces the sunsets.
I am grateful for the stories that I have written after being encouraged to by my writing friends.

Jan. 20 - 3 Gifts Only Close Up
I am grateful that our Star Wars Kinect disk still works sometimes if you carefully line up the cracked part.
I am grateful for the book Respectable Sins.
I am grateful for our unique fingerprints and creases on our hands.

Jan. 21 - A Gift In Sky, Water, Memory
I am grateful for the huge clusters of snowflakes today. I had so much fun catching them on my tongue.
I am grateful for the spices used to make the Shrinker drink.
I am grateful for the funny memory of me cutting my shirt with nail clippers (when I was 7 or 8) because I wanted to see if they were sharp enough to cut fabric.

Jan. 22 - A Gift Wrinkled, Smoothed, Unfolded
I am grateful for my new pro-life t-shirt.
I am grateful for my granola bar wrapper...and the bar that was inside it!
I am grateful for my infinity scarf that kept my neck and face warm today.

Jan. 23 - 3 Gifts Found In Christ
I am grateful for Jesus being our High Priest and knowing our temptations and interceding for us.
I am grateful that just the utterance of Jesus' name brings peace and calms my overwhelmed soul.
I am grateful for the comfort that I find in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment