Saturday, January 3, 2015

Joy Dare

This year, my mom assigned me to read the blog called "A Holy Experience" by Ann Voskamp. It has been really neat and you guys should go check it out. She posts wonderful things, she's a excellent writer, and she posts beautiful pictures well. She has also written the book "One Thousand Gifts" (among other books), which I am going to read this year.

She has something called a Joy Dare where you write down three things you're grateful for everyday. She even makes up cool gratefulness prompts to help you think of new things. The goal is to have written down one thousand gifts by the end of the year. I thought that I would share my one thousand gifts with you. I've missed my first two days, but I'll go ahead and put them on anyway. I thought it would be a fun and useful writing exercise if I wrote a few sentences about each one, explaining it, instead of just listing them.

Jan. 1- 3 Gifts Heard
I am grateful for the sound of one of my favorite songs being played on the piano: Hallelujah. Also, the singing of it.
I am grateful for the sound of the dishwasher, meaning that I don't have to wash the dishes by hand.
I am grateful for the sound of my fingers hitting my laptop keys. The click of my nails on the plastic and of the keys doing its job.

Jan. 2- A Gift Outside, Inside, On a Plate
I am grateful for the cold air that surrounded me when I went for a walk. I had to bundles up against it, but it felt refreshing after sitting at my desk so long. It reminds me of the new year. We must protect ourselves against it with God's Word, Peace, and Joy, but embrace it, as it holds new beginnings.
I am grateful for my brother, Logan's, love for me and my love for him.
I am grateful for Trim Healthy Mama meals that are so tasty and filling, yet non-fattening!

I will do today's three things this evening. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment