Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 5

So, today's story is actually a little special. Why? Well, I had decided a while ago that I was not going to try to do any story with time travel in it, but that didn't happen. I thought it would be to complicated, but since this story is short, I didn't come across any weird plot holes or paradoxes, so here it is. My first, and maybe my last :), time traveling story.




                Alexis’ dress was so tight, she thought she might faint. At least she wasn’t having to wear a heavy wig this time. Well, she thought, as soon as I get Ryan, we can go to a time with comfortable clothes.

                She put her money pouch in her drawstring purse, along with her time travelling stone, called a rainbow-snarf stone. It was a rare and special stone that was actually made of many combined gems, precious stones, and other rare metals. Her boyfriend, Ryan, had been lucky to find it.

                Speaking about him, he had gotten lost in a small country around the late 1800s. Alexis and Ryan had to return something back to that time, but had accidentally trespassed on palace grounds. Only Alexis had had time to escape, so now here she was, about to rescue him…again. It had become a game to them, trying to see which one could rescue the other the most. Ryan used to be way ahead of Alexis, having more experience, but she had learned fast. Also, he was trying to be more brave and chivalrous, at least, Alexis thought, that was his excuse. She laughed to herself, but then put on a straight face, as she was now entering the throne room.

                After waiting in line for twenty minutes, it was her turn. Alexis took a deep breath, put on a sweet smile, and stepped forward. She proceeded to curtsy to the queen.

                “Hello dear one. Please state your name and your request,” the queen said kindly.

                “Thank you, my lady. My name is Agatha and I would like to request the ransom of my servant.”

                “Continue.”

                “A servant of mine, a young man, was caught on your property the other night. I believe he is being held as a prisoner, but I have ransom money, if you will accept. I can promise that it will never happen again.”

                “How much?”

                Alexis opened her purse, took out the pouch, and handed it to the queen. She peered inside, then nodded to a guard. He left and returned a few minutes later with a very tired and dirty looking Ryan.

                “Thank you, your majesty,” she curtsied again then stomped over to Ryan, grasped his ear, and dragged him out of the room. Once they were out of sight, she released him. Ryan rubbed his ear.

                “Ouch! I know we were acting but you didn’t have to pinch so hard.”

                Alexis giggled, “I’m sorry.”

 

                Two hours later, they were walking through a meadow, wearing their old clothes and with Ryan all cleaned up.

                “By the way,” Alexis smiled. “You owe me.”

                “What! Again?”

                “Yes sir” she said playfully. “That’s ten for me and only nine for you. You may have started out with more, but it looks like the pupil has surpassed the teacher,” Alexis said with a wink.

                “You know that’s just ‘cause I let you,” Ryan said with an air of fake superiority. “I’m trying to be-“

                “I know, I know,” she cut him off, “Manly and brave.”

                “Exactly!”

                They both laughed and then sighed. “Well, where are we off to next?” Alexis asked.

                “How about Disney World? I’ve wanted a hot dog after that prison gruel, plus we could have some fun,” Ryan suggested.

                “Sounds great,” she replied, then thinking a moment, added, “This will be our first normal date in awhile. Remember last time? We ended running from hostile Indians.”

                “Oh yeah, and the time before that, we got stuck in a rainforest,” he chuckled. Then looking serious, he turned to Alexis. “I’ve been thinking, and I had a question for you. Do you ever wish you had a normal life and boyfriend?”

                Alexis popped up on her toes, giving him a kiss on the cheek, “Never.” She smiled, and then pulled the rainbow-snarf out of her pocket. Ryan whispered, “Disney World, autumn, 2015,” and she threw it on the ground, making a portal.

                The two time-travelers ran hand in hand into the future.

1 comment:

  1. I read that one to Caileigh, and she loved it ;)

    ReplyDelete